27 November 2017
Ref. 138535 - Platinum Weekly Ad
(CVs without copies of qualifications will not be considered):
- Grade 12 Certificate with Maths and Science is essential
- Chamber of Mines Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control is essential
- Job-specific experience and requirements:
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a Ventilation Officer is essential
- Computer literacy (Microsoft package & SAP) is essential
- Valid driver’s licence (Code 08) and own transport would be considered an advantage
- Valid Medical Certificate or be medically fit in order to obtain one
Company details can be found at http://www.implats.co.za
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to psychometric assessment.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Coordinate the activities of ventilation construction and sanitation crews
- Monitor and control the installation and commissioning of ventilation systems
- Measure and calculate the performance of main fans
- Plan, organise and monitor work in own area of responsibility
- Monitor underground occupational exposure conditions regarding dust control, air, gases and vapour, noise, water, temperature, illumination and pressure
- Monitor and coordinate Occupational Hygiene sampling and make recommendations for improvement
- Assess Ventilation and Occupational Hygiene engineering controls underground and make recommendations
- Compile ventilation and occupational hygiene reports
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications can be sent to:
The Recruitment Centre,
Impala Platinum Limited,
PO Box 5683, Rustenburg 0300 or
fax: (014) 569-9840 or
e-mail in MS Word format to Recruitment.Mining1@implats.co.za
Closing date: 27 November 2017
In addition to challenging opportunities, the Company offers a competitive remuneration package and the normal large company benefits.
Share this vacancy with a friend...