Crime & Accidents News
11 January 2018

Northam – A massive explosion rocked the Northam taxi rank on Wednesday, 10 January. Northam Police and the Swartklip Fire Department were on hand to douse the flames.

The explosion was caused by a gas cylinder which had exploded in a tuck shop close to the Caltex Garage. Bystanders were warned by police and fire fighters to keep away from the area as there was uncertainty whether there were more gas cylinders on the premises. Shop owners who use gas cylinders are urged to use utmost precaution when storing and using gas.

The Swartklip Fire Department attending to the tuck shop fire.


Share this article with a friend...